Friday 18 December 2009

Don Covay & The Jefferson Lemon Blues Band - Different Strokes for Different Folks (1970)


I was excited to find this in a fleamarket recently, mainly because I've been loving the Covay song that appears on this recent post. I initially thought that it must be a compilation of tracks from throughout his career, but then was intrigued to find that its actually a reissue of his 1970 album "Different Strokes for Different Folks". Check out the man in his finery on the original cover:
This is a great blend of deep soul, funk and blues sounds and its been keeping me entertained. Here's the excellent closing track:


Tracklist:

01
Sweet Thang

02
Daddy Please Don't Go Tonight

03
Why Did You Put Your Shoes Under My Bed

04
Stop By

05
Bad Luck

06
Hitching A Ride

07
Standing In The Grits Line

08
In The Sweet Bye And Bye

09
Ain't Nothing A Young Girl Can Do

10
If There's A Will There's A Way

11
What's In The Headlines

Get it HERE.

9 comments:

hspussy said...

thank you for this one

doc patcheko said...

and another great artist i wasn't aware of until today. thank you, this is brillant.

Anonymous said...

Please refresh link?

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'll try to sort this broken link over the next few days.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!!

Anonymous said...

Please fix the broken link. Please...

Mr Tear said...

Hi,
So sorry for the delay. I cannot find the files on my laptop or hard drive. I'm searching but if I cannot find I will re-record the vinyl and re upload so please keep checking back.
Cheers!

Mr Tear said...

Hi y'all!
The link to these fabulous songs should now work fine. Please let me know if you have problems downloading.
X Mr Tear

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this!!!