Wednesday 5 August 2009

George & Gwen McCrae - Together (Cat Records 1975)



Great Miami soul from George and Gwen McCrae. This album swings between the smooth soul sound of songs like 'You and I Were Made for Each Other', and the dirty, sex-funk of songs like 'Mechanical Body' or 'The Rub'. Gwen McCrae has a really fantastic voice and this album has been getting a lot of play in my house over the last few weeks. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

A little taster:


Track list:

01 I'll Do The Rockin'
02 You and I Were Made for Each Other
03 Mechanical Body
04 I'm Comin' At You
05 Let's Dance, Dance, Dance
06 Winners Together, Losers Apart
07 Home Sick, Love SIck
08 The Rub
09 Let Your Love Do the Talkin'

Get it HERE.

3 comments:

b2v said...

THANKS FOR ALL THIS GREAT MUSIC !

Anonymous said...

thanks - steve

Anonymous said...

This is an old one, but if you could post a new link I'd be really happy. If not I am still really happy about your blog.