Sunday 24 October 2010

An apology and an explanation.

I acquired a new laptop recently (hooray!), unfortunately it has no line input to record sounds from vinyl or cassette (boo!). I certainly wasn't brought up around digital technology and I have this kind of blind faith that things should just work. As such, when I plugged my mixer into the mic input of said new laptop, I just expected that the recordings would be fine. How wrong I was, the last post sounds absolutely terrible. My apologies for that, and a rerecorded version will be posted as soon as possible as I have now found a solution to the recording conundrum.

Thanks for your patience people!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The belly of a laptop is a sandwich components electronic and engines that produce much parasitic noise.

The idea is to introduce sound already processed as digital signal.

I have this USB gadget:
www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic

Goes me very well, unless you want to advertise free, delete the comment.

Jake said...

You can pick up digital hand held recorders pretty cheap which are great for that kind of job (and also making field recordings) - just dump the file onto your laptop once made and boom!