Wednesday 18 January 2012

Rais Mohamed Outhnaout


It's been a long time since I posted any music from Morocco as I've been too busy trying to keep up with the gorgeous deluge of Mauresque sounds coming out of the fantastic Moroccan Tape Stash to bother posting any of the stuff I have sitting here in my living room. However, I've been playing this tape quite a bit recently and I'm loving the infectious playfulness of it all. The man with the guitar is Rais Mohamed Outhnaout, a musician from Marrakech. I can't find any biography or anything on the internet (Wikipedia is blacked out today!) but there are lots of fairly recent videos of his performances of youtube. Here's one I picked almost at random:


No tracklist I'm afraid, but you can get it HERE.

As usual, any info or help with translations would be much appreciated.

1 comment:

Books Of Rp said...

Thankss for this blog post