Sunday, 12 August 2012

Sunny Ade & His African Beats - Volume 10

 

 

I picked up this lovely double LP in the bargain bin of local second hand shop, unfortunately the first disc was missing - maybe someone else has it?

Regular visitors will know that I'm quite partial to a bit of Sunny Ade's juju sound, especially these vintage recordings (of which there seems to be very, very many).  These songs are fairly genteel in pace making the LP quite a languid affair.  Perfect for the warm sunny days we've been having recently.  

Tracklist:

01 Ariya Odun Kewa
02 Teni Begi Loju

Get it HERE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! Another one I've never seen.
Love it!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff & a great find :-)

Thank you!

Lovely Blog Lovely Music,

M

zim said...

hi, thanks for sharing this in regards to the missing LP, I do have one side of it, which was released on this stern's CD:
http://goo.gl/b7Yi9

which sampled the African Songs releases from 70-75

let me know if you'd like that one

Joel said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about a broken link on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

Thanks!

Joel
JHouston791@gmail.com