Saturday 14 November 2009

Bad Brains - Rock for Light (Abstract 1983)


The power of Bad Brains' classic 1983 hardcore album has not diminished over the years. Lightning fast and taut like razor-wire this record helped to define the sound of American punk. While Rock for Light is available on CD, the version that you can buy is completely different to this vinyl release. The CD contains 20 songs, most of which are significantly faster than the original recordings.
Check out this clip of a 1982 live show at New York's CBGB's. Total chaos:



Tracklisting:
  1. Coptic Times
  2. Attitude
  3. We Will Not
  4. Sailin' On
  5. Rally 'Round Jah Throne
  6. Right Brigade
  7. F.V.K.
  8. Riot Squad
  9. The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth
  1. Joshua's Song
  2. Banned in D.C.
  3. How Low Can a Punk Get?
  4. Big Takeover
  5. I and I Survive
  6. Destroy Babylon
  7. Rock for Light
  8. At the Movies
Get it HERE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

until today an unbelievable good record, awesome, I love it. it offered so many new musical universes to me as I heard this as an young hardcore/punk kid

and btw: awesome blog! great records and posts you have here. I added you to my blogroll, don´t hesitate to visit mine and if you like it, would be a honour for me to be in your blogroll. if not, nevermind, quality, not quantity

greetings, urbanology

Anonymous said...

lin is broken.. ;(

Mr Tear said...

The link has been fixed. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

broken again!