Tuesday 30 November 2010

La Sensation - Co. (1976)


Its been quite a while since we heard any of the cadence sounds of the Caribbean around these parts, so I was excited when I found this in a local fleamarket. Attempts to uncover any information about this group have been completely fruitless, so as usual any knowledge you could impart about La Sensation would be gratefully accepted. What I do know is that this album contains plenty of that itchy, staccatto island funk that we all love so much.

Check this one, its called 'Reverie':



Tracklist:

01 Co
02 Aras Ka Pe
03 Soleil Soleil
04 Frankeinstein
05 Pa Bombarde Nou
06 Nou Bien Vivants
07 Exile
08 Reverie
09 Cosita

Get it HERE.

6 comments:

øשlqæda said...

my interweb access is compromised out here on the road brother tear, but have a feelin this recording is sublime & lurk forward to harvesting the cargo upon me return. thx to you & yers

icastico said...

Nice. Love the out of key horns.

Mr Tear said...

Glad you're enjoying this one. I particularly like the French influence on Reverie.
Hope your trip's going well Owl!

jeanluc said...

Thanks... I never heard a tune of them.

I don't know what island funk means...
If you are interested, I would say, 1, 4, 5, 8 are beguines, 2 a calypso, 3 and 6 are cadence, 7 a bolero and 9 a guajira.

David said...

Wow, that's some flea-market find! Hard to believe this is an unknown band - as I listened to it I was exciited by how many of the tracks seemed really top-class cuts. I listened to it twice round witout stopping & they all still seemed fresh and exciting. So this one has jumped straight to the top of my favourites, a Sensation indeed - thank you for the chance to get to know it !!!

David said...

PS thanks to Jean-Luc for his help disentangling the different rhythms!